Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Is it bad for your feet to walk 5 miles in flip flops?

When I go for walks, I usually walk about 5 miles. I usually wear sneakers but was thinking of switching to flip flops since most people wear them during warm weather. Would it be unhealthy for my feet to walk that much in flip flops?

• Kaz

I love my flip flops and wear them all the time, so I don't think they're bad for my feet.  I've worn them on long walks and had no problem (of course it wasn't 5 miles, it was on even ground, not hiking in the woods).  If I were going to walk 5 miles I'd probably wear my sneakers.

It is better not to walk 5 miles on foot with flip flops, so it is better not to walk so many miles together.

i would recommend something more comfortable for you to protect your feet in case you would step on something twist your feet etc. 

better barefeet, all that flopping with flipflops. hate it

Your flip-flops will break.  How far can you walk home with bare feet?

Flip-Flops are considered very dangerous.

Tripping is the most often problem.

Toss them and get properly fitted sandals.

• WiseMan1 month agoReport

Well someone should tell that to the people in Florida and Hawaii. Those people live in flip flops!

Unlike sturdy shoes, flip-flops aren't good for extensive walking because they offer no arch support, heel cushioning, or shock absorption, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA). Wearers can suffer foot pain due to lack of arch support, tendinitis, and even sprained ankles if they trip.

Source(s): Web MD