Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Is it bad for your feet to walk 5 miles in flip flops?

When I go for walks, I usually walk about 5 miles. I usually wear sneakers but was thinking of switching to flip flops since most people wear them during warm weather. Would it be unhealthy for my feet to walk that much in flip flops?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I love my flip flops and wear them all the time, so I don't think they're bad for my feet.  I've worn them on long walks and had no problem (of course it wasn't 5 miles, it was on even ground, not hiking in the woods).  If I were going to walk 5 miles I'd probably wear my sneakers.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

It is better not to walk 5 miles on foot with flip flops, so it is better not to walk so many miles together.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

i would recommend something more comfortable for you to protect your feet in case you would step on something twist your feet etc. 

• 1 month ago

better barefeet, all that flopping with flipflops. hate it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your flip-flops will break.  How far can you walk home with bare feet?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Flip-Flops are considered very dangerous.

Tripping is the most often problem.

Toss them and get properly fitted sandals.

• WiseMan1 month agoReport

Well someone should tell that to the people in Florida and Hawaii. Those people live in flip flops!

• 1 month ago

Unlike sturdy shoes, flip-flops aren't good for extensive walking because they offer no arch support, heel cushioning, or shock absorption, according to the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA). Wearers can suffer foot pain due to lack of arch support, tendinitis, and even sprained ankles if they trip.

Source(s): Web MD
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.