Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

Why did I get this answer from an atheist for the following question I asked...?

The question:

Do atheists dislike russell brand or dislike his views on God?

The answer:

Inigo Montoya : You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Here is the answer atheism provides:

We see no compelling evidence that there are any Gods.

If this answer does not fit the question, then the question is unrelated to atheism.

Did they give me this answer because my question suggested atheists dislike someone and they re trying to suggest that athiests don t dislike anyone, they just don t have evidence for God...I suppose I could have written do *some* atheists dislike...to avoid generalising.

@L.E., 'So, they will obviously disagree with RB's version of God.' 

Yes but to disagree is not exactly the same as to dislike. 

You could have avoided the word "atheist" in the first place. It's a fact that atheists don't accept the existence of God. So, they will obviously disagree with RB's version of God. They are entitled to their opinions. But it has little to do with whether they like or dislike RB.

(Personally, I loathe his "over the top"-ness and even his modern less foul-mouthed stuff is less than funny. But that's personal taste and is not influenced by my belief or non-acceptance of god or gods.)So, yes, it looks like you have no idea what atheism entails: Your question has little to do with atheism.

🥴 Hm. If a cop fears for his life when a criminal is pinned down on the neck with his knee for 9 minutes, maybe he's in the wrong profession?