Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Report coal rolling on Tesla?

A truck coal rolled me three times while driving in my Tesla Model 3. I have footage from my dash cam of the entire thing with a clear image of the license plate. Should I take this footage to the police? Would they be able to do anything about it?

• k w

report any damage to insurance........

The police probably cannot do much about it because they have no jurisdiction over air pollution violations. They might be able to ticket them if your video shows that your visibility was dangerously obscured in which case they could get done for reckless endangerment. However, the police probably aren't inclined to pursue it. With a good lawyer you could probably sue the driver for several things - endangering your health, endangering your safety, causing psychological trauma, damage to your vehicles air intake system, etc...

They probably won't care but the local news station might and they might be interested in the police's response.  Good luck