New Shoes - Right shoe brushes back of feet which is painful. Left shoe is fine. Why? ?

So I recently purchased new shoes.. I'm size 8. Left shoe is fine but the right shoe is painful when walking as it rubs against my skin at the back of my foot.

What's the problem with the right shoe even though they're both the same size. It's to big or small? 

Any tips to overcome this. Thanks

No one's feet are actually exactly the same size.  This particular style and manufacture happens to have a size 8 that is just a bit small for your right foot.  Your options include:

1. Return the shoes and look for a similar shoe in either a different style or brand.

2. Take the shoe to a professional shoe repair store.  They can sometimes stretch a shoe just a little bit -- enough to stop the rubbing.

3. Return and get the shoes in a 8.5 and put a cushion in the left shoe. It is easier to fill in a little space in a shoe that you overcome one that is too tight. 

Your feet aren't the same size which is normal. You could order both in a size smaller. Or put a cushion in there.

• Barry

Put talcum powder on the shoe and your heel. If it rubs hard apply a band aid or you may get a blister. Shoes and feet can vary slightly in size. Wear the shoes indoors for short periods. This should ease it off.

• Lee1 month agoReport

Talcum of the inside back of the shoe? 

Peoples feet are not the same size.

At one time decades ago there were no right  and left, all boots and shoes were made on the same lasts.

My left foot is a full size larger than my right, even when not swollen.  I have to keep three pairs of shoes to ensure a proper fit.