Jamie
Jamie asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Does a bite from a Chihuahua still hurt even that is a small dog?

I heard there very snappy

Yes, their bites can hurt. And when I say they hurt, they HURT.

• keerok

Yes it hurts just as bad if not worse. From experience, small dogs are more prone to bite (small dog syndrome?). Worse, their smaller teeth seem to be sharper.

Chihuahuas aren't snappy dogs. The behaviors which you're thinking of is the stereo type which they unfortunately have as a breed, and this is a result of them developing small dog syndrome, as those are behaviors of the condition, not of Chihuahuas as a breed. 

(Small dog syndrome is a canine behavioral disorder, when a dog which is of a small breeds - such as Chihuahuas - falsely believe that they're the pack leader to humans, and so are dominant in the home. This is because people allow them to get away with expressing dominant behaviors instead of correcting them, because certain behaviors which are seen as unacceptable or dangerous in medium, large or giant breeds of dogs are seen as less of a danger, less of a nuisance, less of a problem or as 'cute' in small and toy breeds dogs, such as pulling on the lead during a walk, growling at visitors in the home or at another dog during a walk, or jumping on people).

Also, yes, it can still hurt. I've been bitten by all different dogs before, including some small dogs, so I know it can indeed be very painful. Understand however, that it's not so much the size of the bite or the dog's breed which affects how much it hurts, it's much more which part of the body where someone is bitten, as it hurts more if you're bitten in more a sensitive area, or in part of the body which is used a lot, like on an arm, hand, thumb or finger for example. 

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Any bite from something with sharp teeth will hurt. I've been bitten by unruly small dogs before and I can tell you straight up that yes, it hurts like a b*tch.

The biggest risk with ANY dog bite is infection.

Yes, bites from small dogs hurt.

• Anna

Of course it does. I've never been bitten but chihuahuas have sharp teeth. Anything with sharp teeth is going to hurt if it bites.

The ones that are properly trained are not that way.  The ones that are snappy are the ones that have be picked on, terrorized, teased & tormented.  Snappy with very young humans cause they hurt the dog & not know they are doing so.  But the dog doesn't want to be hurt so it snaps, bites.

Bites from a Chihuahua is more like a scrape cause the teeth cannot penetrate very deep.  So a serious deep bite is far move of an issue than a bite from a small dog.  Don't get me wrong, it still hurts cause the never ending on on the skin.  A Chihuahua can tear up a finger pretty good

Of course it hurts.   Id rather be bit by a ball python or even a retic than a chihuahua

• Murzy

they have very sharp teeth