Kia asked in PetsRodents · 4 months ago

Can a hamster be kept in an air conditioned room?

So I’m planning on bringing my hamster from my moms house to my boyfriends house where I’m now living. The problem is right now he’s in the hallway where it’s room temperature, and I’d be putting him in my room where I have an air conditioner going. Obviously he wouldn’t be going in front of the a/c or around it, but it does cool off the whole room and I’m not sure if it would be too cold for him. He has fluff and a house in his cage which I heard helps keep them warm. We keep the a/c around 20 degrees Celsius, give or take a few. Could there be anything else I could do to the cage to make sure he stays warm if that by chance IS too cold? Or would it just be too cold altogether? Or would it be ok? Thanks :)

20 degrees celsius is a comfortable temperature for a hamster. As long as hes not right in front of the a/c he will be just fine. 

Check out a pet store or pet supplier for heating pads.