What should I do if someone poured gas into my lawnmower’s oil container?

Can I drain it or is it done?

Simply drain it. However, make sure you do it a couple of times to remove the gas from the oil container. Once you drain the gas, next proceed to disconnect the lawn mower's spark plug to prevent the mower from accidentally firing. Then, wipe any debris or grass from the oil drain plug. Wiping the oil drain plug protects the crankcase from contamination. Once that's done, refill the container with oil and mow your lawn with no worries of your lawnmower breaking down.

Just drain it and refill with fresh oil. It'll be fine. And as Barry says, disconnect the plug lead while you're doing it to avoid it accidentally firing.

drain it and refill with oil

• Barry

Don't start it. Drain the oil into a pan overnight and refill with fresh oil. No harm will occur. I always use fully synthetic 5w-30 as it's vastly superior to the usual SAE 30 grade. If the drain plug is in the region of the blade you MUST disconnect the spark plug first. Fingers don't grow on trees.

• Norman

Don't mow the lawn..........