Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

is 22 too old to be reported missing?

my daughter is 22 years old and she still lives with me. so a couple days ago on may 29 she told me she was going to the store and that she’d be right back. well it’s been 2 days and i have not heard anything from her. i’ve called and she hasn’t picked up her phone. so i thought about filing a missing persons report but her dad told me not to worry. but this isn’t like her, she also left her belongings behind so i don’t think she’d just leave like that. 

thank you all! i have called the police and reported her missing. 

No, anyone of any age can be reported missing. The police just don't take adult missing cases as seriously as they do those of missing children. 

It varies from state to state but in the absence of evidence of violence (like blood or torn clothing), or if the missing person has no specific illness, most police departments won't take a missing person report for an adult until they have been missing for 48 hours.

• Alan H

Report it immediately

All lives matter

• J

I’m always a little skeptical of people who post anonymously, but I’ll answer you anyway. If this is true, call the cops and file a missing person report. If your daughter has no history of running away, this is not normal. If she’s in trouble, you want the cops to find her. If she left willingly, they can’t make her come home. 

No.  The police even investigate disappearances of the elderly.  Just keep in mind that if they find her and she doesn't want to go home, they won't make her.

You can be reported missing at ANY age.

If an adult goes missing with no sign of foul play, the police may not put much effort into searching, but that depends on details of the case.

You can certainly do that, but be aware she is an adult.  So the police may locate her, and if she says she's fine, they just leave it at that.

I would call it in so the police can look into it. There’s that 48 hour rule. If a missing person isn’t found within 48 hours, the probability of still being alive drops exponentially. 

I don't know.  I'm not part of the Police Department where you live.  I'll bet the Police could answer this.

She went to get a drink and met a niqqer and they had sex, now she aint coming back. 

Source(s): Once they go black nobody wants them back.
    • Anna

You're either a troll or a racist bigot.