In how much trouble will i get if i have my brother take calls at my work from home customer service job?

I am wondering if my brother can help me take some calls at my customer service job at home and just use my name during the call. He worked for the same company before so he knows how to handle the call. Can i get in trouble for doing that? I am under a 1099 and They pay me per minute on the phone. 

You can get fired of course.

• xyzzy

If you get paid by minutes on the phone you can be sure they have a monitoring system that shows them how much time you spend on the phone. Plus is your brother going to do this for nothing? Even if you get away with him helping you and you pay him you are still responsible for the taxes you make.But don't worry they will most likely only fire you and not file fraud charges against you.

The 2 most likely results he screws up and you get fired, or he doesn't screw up and becomes your replacement on the payroll.