Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Scam or legit?

I was searching for a used car online and found a great deal. It's a new car dealer that lets you reserve the car so they will hold it for you. I reserved it for 5 days so I can get the money ready. During this time they kept calling and emailing me daily to remind me that I had reserved the car.

Today was the day so I left home early since it was a 100 mile drive. They called while I was on the freeway to ask if I was coming and I told them yes. Then they called back 15 minutes later saying that they couldn't in good conscience sell me the car cause they forgot to inspect it and that the law requires a certificate of inspection to sell it. I was obviously upset since I was almost there and they never bothered to tell me this the previous 5 days. It sounds like complete B.S. to me. They said they would have it inspected on Monday and call me but I have a feeling it won't pass their fake inspections and the car never existed.

So do you think this is a scam or legit?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That sounds like a definite scam.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are not already convinced you've been had, although the benefit the dealer derived from leading you on is unclear, you might want to check with the licensing authority to see if this dealer has any history of complaints or some record of disreputable dealings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Did they have Arabic accents? 

Yes it's a scam dummy. So are free gift card ones.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should pass on the car, and find another one to buy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Baal
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

When you arrive the car will have already been sold (if it ever existed at all) and they will try to put you in another car and to make it up to you they will give you a break on the price.  The scam is called "Bait and Switch".  Report it to your local Better Business Bureau.

• 1 month ago

was it a blonde TV ad in uk

• 1 month ago

Since you were almost there why not just go and see it. Even if you have to come back again 

• 1 month ago

Scam. How much did you send them?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.