Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Can a marriage last without oral sex?

I was wondering how much of a deal breaker that would be for most guys. I can't ever picture myself giving bjs.

I suppose there are asexual guys out there.  For most it will be the demise of the marriage.  He needs to know how you feel early on, so he can leave before making the ultimate mistake.

Oral sex is just another way to express desire and love. It's not really a necessity. It's only an additional way to pleasure each other.

• Longtime Hubby

It's part of our lovemaking sessions pretty much every time. Yes, a great way to pleasure one another. As good to give as it is to receive.

Ding ding ding....you just won the prize for most immature question of the day.  Congrats.

Yes as long as the anal sex is fantastic it should all be fine.

I’m not married but been with partner 8 year, she gives me oral but doesn’t swallow or let me c*m in her mouth n I can’t blame her I wouldn’t want it firing in my mouth either, I enjoy her doing it and she likes to do it but I prefer t finish in her anyway, I could live without I guess I’d struggle more with not being able to give her oral as I love her reactions smells and tastes, everyone is different I don’t think anyone sees their self giving bj’s but maybe when you meet a guy your really into maybe you’ll wanna do it to please him maybe you won’t, it might be a deal breaker for some others it may not be

i am a man and i have lived without them at times but there is something knowing ur woman will do anything , after all i will ,my last Gf wasnt into giving oral so i asked her why and she said she was afraid i would , well you know what lol so i got online and ordered some flavored condoms she loved it so maybe u should try that. good luck

• April

There are a lot of other ways to please your partner/foreplay besides oral. Dry humping, making out, dirty talk, handjobs, toys etc. The list goes on. 

• Ya-Hoo

I'm male. That would be a pass for me.

• K S Lall

I'm male too but I love giving oral!

If you are saying you can’t picture it, then I assume up you haven’t tried it. You know the expression - don’t knock it til 

you tried it ?

When you give your whole heart to the wonderful man you want to marry, and he loves you with all his heart too - there is nothing better than having his pulsating dick in your mouth.Source: me

The technique of sex is really a minor thing compared to all the other things in marriage.  I consider oral sex more of a bonus than essential.  And I do know of at least one marriage that has lasted for decades, where the couple never did it.

In general, of course, the more flexible each of you is and willing to experiment with anything the other would like to try (knitting, ballroom dancing, duck hunting... anything), the happier you'll be.

• Longtime Hubby

26 years, Andrew Smith. I should clarify the statement. "Constantly moving" means willing to try new things. That, I think, is important to a marriage. And not just in the bedroom. Going to art shows, concerts you may not want to but she does. Get the picture. Constantly moving. Open to new ideas. 

Yes it can, and it often does. 

well my parents are married 25 years and i'd be really surprised if they ever did oral sex, or did sex at all in a decade

• Andrew Smith

You should then be prepared to be totally shocked.  After only 25 years we were very active sexually.  And now another 25 years later sex remains a significant part of our lives together.  Why would your parents be so different?