Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

How do I know if my postage stamp is good And usable ? ?

If it’s not a stamp what is it? I really thought it was 

Go to post office and ask them

It's a decorative sticker.

If it was a postage stamp, it would either have the denomination (50 cents, etc) or "Forever" printed on it.   Self-adhesive stamps are made to peel off a backing strip. Sometimes there is space left over and rather than leave it blank, some design or information about the stamps is printed there. That section will peel off just like a stamp, and sometimes people mistake it for a real stamp.  In other words, it might be what was left after you used all the real stamps in a sheet.   I've been retired from the post office for a few years, so I can't say with certainty that I recognize it, but that's my best guess.

See photo in link...the part that says US Flag would peel and stick, but is not a stamp.

https://i.dansdeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01...

It might be a stamp, but it's not a postage stamp. There are all kinds of stamps that aren't postage stamps.

Not a stamp.