Why do the neighbors not like it when people have nonfunctional vehicles parked in front of their house for a long time?

I meant to say parked in front of the people’s house who owned the car, not the neighbors who don’t like it.

They're too ignorant to offer help or be able to help. A vehicle partially dismantled can legally be towed away and the police will have that done. Someone is down on their luck needs a helping hand but the selfish bastards are all too happy to put a foot up their butt. 

A lady down the street from me had one of her tires get torn up and she couldn't drive to the repair shop. I removed the wheel for her and took her to a tire shop where she got a good used tire put on. That left everyone happy. She tried to pay me and I wouldn't take it. She offered to house sit and take care of my pets when I go on vacation and I'll accept that.

Another neighbor was ill. After I trimmed my lawn and bushes, I trimmed his bushes too and they were pretty shaggy. No big deal. He's done me a lot of favors since then.

A friend of mines' girlfriend's car broke down and needed an engine which he got from the salvage yard. A bunch of us got together  and took the old engine out and put the good one in. It only took a few hours to get her car back on the road. Try to get that done at a shop and see how much you pay. We all shook hands and went away satisfied.

Sometimes people don't know there's help for them if they just ask, especially since so many selfish people are in the world.

It devalues the neighborhood.  You are like the scum of the inner city.  There are bylaws against that TRASH SITTING THERE.  If you are constantly working on it each day then obviously one day it will be gone.  So this is a temporary situation.    OUT of sight, out of mind. Meaning you park it out back and your house hides it.

.  It is just the way, Grasshopper.

In most areas it's illegal to leave a non-functional vehicle on your property or the street--and the owner is responsible for removing it or facing fines. You can't even leave a car in your DRIVEWAY if it isn't plated and registered, unless you're working on it actively--so the reason is that most people don't like trash and garbage around their homes--and a non-functional car is just trash. 

• F

If you have to ask ......

Not everybody wants to live next to a scrap yard.

Nonfuntional cars, junked cars, junk, garbage, fresh manure, hog farm

It is a slippery slope that they do not want to see you start down

The value of the houses goes down in a neighborhood with junk cars and unmaintained houses.  In some cities, your non-operational car will get towed if parked for a long time at the same spot.

• Anton

Your neighbor's junk car can cut $100,000 for the value of selling your house.

• The Devil

a junk car on your block does not determine real estate value. your property is not worth the inflated flipper price anyway.

Because some people keep acquiring more dead vehicles until it looks like a junk yard.

• arther

looks like **** blocking up the street. Where I live if its not registered after 10 or so days the council tow it away and crush it if not claimed within 28 days after that cost apply to get it back of course. If someone left a pos out front of my house id push it out onto the road with one of my trucks.

They must be control freaks than, it shouldn't bother them and its none of their business as long as its in front of your house

• Edna

Anon: Non-functional autos parked for a long length of time at a neighbor's house decreases the property value of everyone else who lives on that street.