Do the Rocky mountains have hillbillies like the Ozarks and Appalachians do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Appalachia has a society that is called, and calls itself, hillbilly. Generally not a nice word anymore. In a more general way there are people living relatively off the grid in mountains all over the world. In the Rockies and elsewhere that I have been they call themselves "Mountain people". Simply put: Yes, there are people living a similar mountain lifestyle, all over the world. No, they aren't called by that name mostly.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In the west they call themselves "survivalists" or "militiamen". 

• 1 month ago

There are some American natives that continue to live the way they have for centuries.  Some of them have jobs like other people.  They are definitely not "hillbilllies".

• 1 month ago

No, it's not a hillbilly culture here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Do try not to stereotype people. If you're looking for uneducated people, they're everywhere. The survivalist nuts tend to be in the northwest- Oregon, Wyoming, North and South Dakota. They are just as uneducated, anti-science, uncivilized as anyone ever was in the South. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Not much worthwhile in the Rocky Mountains. It is just a dead divide for the most part.

The Ozarks and Appalachians were Living Mountains, peopled by escapees from the British dominated & persecuted Scots, and Irish. The high-lands for the Scots.

(Don Knotts, Jack Dempsey, Joanne Dru, Larry Groce, Steve Harvey, Fuzzy Knight, Soupy Sales, Blaze Starr, Pearl S. Buck, Chuck Yeager, Belle Boyd, et al)

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I traveled thru there on my summer vacation in Alberta, Canada & the Kalispell flathead valley was interesting, so was Coeur D'Alene in Idaho. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.