Would adding hot water to skin absorb better facial moisturiser added after, or make no difference?

No, adding hot water may result in burns, scarring, and/or broken capillaries, which the latter appears like red or pink lines in the skin.  (Just an fyi that capillaries are the tiny blood vessels at the ends of arteries.)

It's generally recommended to use tepid (lukewarm) water to wash the face (and entire being).

One should also *not* use cold water as that's temperature is too extreme as well.  (It's apparently an old wives' tale that hot water opens the pores and cold water closes them.)

• Frank

No, using hot water will make you perspire so you'll soon be having your moisturiser leaving your skin via your sweat glands. Just being comfortably warm is the best time to use such products but don't apply them on hot days.

Hot water on your skin will dry it out faster. Moisturizer with hot water isn't a solution. Just use the moisturizer. Leave the hot water out of it. 

No.  It would probably dissolve and wash away the product. If you want something to absorb, you could wash your face in warm water or even be in a steam shower. Then put on your moisturizer immediately.  Hot water directly on your skin isn't great for it. 

Hot water is very bad for your skin. It's nice to take a super-hot shower or soak in a tub on a cold day, but once in a while is all you need. Many dermatologists agree that lukewarm to warm water is what you should be doing everything in, from showering to washing your hair to washing your face. Hot water is extremely drying and causes more sebum and oil to push itself out of your pores, causing pimples, flakes, and oily hair. It throws your skin all out of whack. 

And in regards to moisturizing ANY part of your body, it's best to do it right after you wash and pat dry. After my showers, I will pat dry with a towel and do my face first, then my body with lotion while my skin is still slightly damp. I only wash my face at night, and the same thing: pat dry, apply night cream. I don't use hot water for any of it, just cool water.

You’re  supposed to wash with warm water then close ur pores with cold water then apply moisturizer. Hot water is really drying u should only use it to

Open pores before applying a mask and then rinse with cold water. However there are no rules per say you if it works for you then you should do that.

• Sandy

all I can tell you, is that hot water opens the pores in skin, and cold water closes them up.