Is there something fundamentally wrong with the american way of life?

• H

As a non American it's not up to me to judge the American way of life. I won't call it wrong, but not acceptable to the standards used by an European. 

No offense please, but compared to many other countries, your health system, social system and labor law suck. Further on, racism still exists in to many parts of the USA.

Your tax system: I know Americans, who are entitled to make up to USD 120K yearly taxfree, when living abroad. Every dollar made above USD 120K is taxed, also when the US citizen didn't set a foot on US soil for years. Why does he have to pay tax?

I have many Americans friends, been in the US every year since I grew up, and we even bought a house there 2 years ago, to go on vacation and medical treatment (my husband's father studied in the USA and my husband was born and raised there). When I talk to Americans, I am very often surprised how less they know about the rest of the world, and that it isn't mandatory to learn a second foreign language, a least from 5th grade on. 

But - like I said before, it's not up to me to judge your society and/or way of life. As soon as Americans feel that there is something wrong with their way of life and want to see some changes, they have the opportunity to get out and demonstrate for it, like it is the case right now. 

Again, no offense please, but for right now, you have a President who splits folks, instead to get it united for a better future. That definitely is wrong.

yes, multiculturalism, consumerism and usury are bad. Exhibit A America 50 years ago vs America today. I rest my case.

• Bobo

No.  Capitalism works.  Wealthiest nation on Earth.

• Zirp

Yes. Average per-capita consumption is ten times their fair share of what nature could grow back.

No. Next question.