As a dual citizen, should I marry as an American or Canadian?

Hey everyone I'm getting married in a couple months to an American and we're planning on eventually relocating to Canada. Would it make sense to marry her as an American or a Canadian? Will there be a difference? 

You'll marry her as what you are, a dual citizen, but that doesn't make much of a difference. Clearly when you return to Canada to prepare to file the sponsorship paperwork for her to join you it'll have to be as a Canadian citizen. 

Of course. Any civil marriage from anywhere in the world is generally accepted by most countries of the world. The US and Canada have universal mutual acceptance of such official documents as a marriage cert. Any kids you have will also be duals. 

You don't marry her citizenship. You marry her as an individual. Citizenship is irrelevant in the wedding ceremony; only when then sponsoring visas.

Nobody asks your citizenship when you marry.  They just ask for ID.  A passport will do or you can use a birth certificate.  But always wise to use citizenship hygiene meaning keep them all separate so that no country knows about any of the others.  That would mean showing your US passport if you marry in the US and your Canadian passport if you marry in Canada.  Either will be a valid marriage everywhere.

• Maxi

You don't marry as one national or another, you marry as a person, legally able to marry, it makes no difference whatsoever what nationalities you hold

Married is married, whether you marry in US or Canada.

It doesn't really matter.  The USA considers you American, and Canada considers you Canadian.  Which of course makes you a dual citizen, but, neither country cares about that!

• Edwena

If you are Canadian you will be loved everywhere in the world.  If you are American you will be hated everywhere in the world, even Canada.  So, if you are going to live in Canada, be Canadian.

• I already am both. The question I'm wondering is whether marrying her as a Canadian would be better (since I'm both). 

Marriage is marriage, whether performed here or in Canada.  But there may be advantages for ease of immigration, so if you are planning to live in Canada, you might apply as a fiance, so you don't have to apply after you marry.

• So the marriage would be in the USA but I'm not sure to say I'm American or Canadian on the certificate (since I'm both).