Travel to USA through Permanent residence !!!!?

Hi,

This is Joe from India, my girlfriend works in USA and she is a permanent residence of USA, we both decided to marry before this year end or next year beginning, I need clarification, is she call me / sponsor visa to USA? if yes, what is the procedure?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Reading your other posts, you were recently trying to get residence in Sweden and now you are trying to get into the USA.

your name also changes from post to post. You also recently had a boyfriend.

Enough said !

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

If that is the only reason you are marrying her --- go away 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As a green card holder she can still sponsor a fiance'/spouse. It just takes longer than if she were a US citizen. Whether she's willing to do that or not is certainly something you'd want to discuss with her prior to marriage. 

• W.T. Door
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Not a fiance/e.  Only a spouse. 

• 1 month ago

USCIS website:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligib...

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-proces...

The answer from ibu guru is correct and the two of you have to marry before she can sponsor you for an immigration visa. 

• poopsie1 month agoReport

why do you help these people ??

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Only US citizens can apply for fiancé visa (K-1). She will have to marry you outside the US, perhaps in your country, leave you there & return to US to apply for your spouse visa (CR-1). Spouse visas typically take longer than fiancé visas, and take longer for legal permanent residents than for citizens. Expect a spouse visa could easily take as much as 2-3 years before you might be granted the visa & allowed to enter US. She must prove she earns enough to support self + all dependents + you, and has a suitable home in the US for you.

• 1 month ago

I would give us a few months to clear up all the issues with Covid 19 and the riots.

• Lisa A
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It will take years. Might as well get started now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.