When buying a new vehicle, can you request a car that has not been out in the sunlight?

my neighbor wanted this 2020 GMC Sierra in Blue they had one in stock at the local dealership but it was parked in the sunlight who knows how long its been out there.

Assuming its been months and we had a brutal winter, and the sun can also age the paint and headlights quickly.

Yes and the dealer will laugh at you as most of us do.

If its a 2020 I don't think the UV could have done anything yet.

They'll tell you anything you want to hear.  You might want to think about how you are going to keep it out of the sunlight when it's yours.  It's not a vampire.

• Mr.357

You can request it, but I doubt that any dealer could honor the request.

Stay away from desert cars in particular. I buy all my cars from the upper Midwest that were driven only in the summer.

You can request anything you like, but whether it can be supplied is another thing. I don't know how anyone could guarantee that a car was not kept in sunlight. The way cars are stored and transported means they are kept outdoors at least part of the time from when they leave the factory until a person buys them. If you were going to keep a particular car out of the sun, it would require special handling as soon as it left the factory. I have never heard of headlights being aged by the sun. Paint might be, occasionally, if the paint is faulty and the sun is very strong, but it's rare. And what are you going to once you buy it? Only drive it indoors?

Does the neighbor PROMISE NEVER TO DRIVE IT IN THE SUN or park it in the sun or in the snow?  No.?  

. So, what is the difference.?

. They can say they did but they didn't.  Cars get inspected in the daylight and sit in the car lot in the daylight and nightlight and through the rain, hail, sleet, snow.  Paint can take it. FOR DECADES.

The sun also ages the driver too.  Fair is fair.  The truck wants a younger tighter blonder driver.

You can request it, but it ain't gonna happen.

Fact of life.  That is REALITY.

40+yr mechanic

• F

Worse than sunlight is when a car is stored at a port if it’s been imported by sea, typically for Japanese and Korean cars to Europe or USA.

I have bought new cars from dealer stock but also factory order.

One car I bought was made (assembled) in the Czech republic the day after placed my order and was transported by train to London a few days later . I picked it up 10 days after order.

• L

You can request whatever you want - Don't be disappointed when what you request does not exist... or you can "request" the dealer to order the vehicle from the factory and not buy the one on the lot which means you delay getting the vehicle.

Be aware that the vehicle will likely sit in outdoor storage, transported on a car hauler or train, delivered to the dealer - all while exposed to the elements... for who-knows-how-long... though arguably less time than having been sitting at the dealer's lot.

THEY ALL SIT OUT IN THE SUN!