Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of the name Alexandra (with the nickname Sasha) for a girl?

I love the name Alexandra (much better than Alexandria) and I think Sasha sounds fine for a nickname.

Personally, I prefer Alexandria. But that’s not the question. I’m not overly fond of Sasha, but it’s definitely unique. 

Another unique take could be Andria, or Andra with your version. I like that. 

• Faithe

I'm probably in the minority, but I never understood naming a child one thing with the intention of CALLING the child something else.  If you like the name Sasha, name the child Sasha.  If it's that you love both names but can't decide, flip a coin and/or save one name in case you have another daughter, or write a book or poem with the main character having that name.

If that's not enough help, you could also considerhow each of those names sounds along with the last name

what the baby's father likes

that you can name/call the baby whatever you like - including two names - she'll get used to it   (Eventually, to other people, the name or names will not be what the name sounds like but what the child is like.  People will hear the name you've given and/or the name she is called and be happy because they'll associate that name or names with that child.

• GB

Same here.  I think parents should do this, especially the one who chose the name. Saving the proper name for scolding, ruins a good name, imo.

• Snid

It was really common starting in the mid 90's.  Alexandra is a pretty name.  I like Alexandria better.  Sasha as a nickname is okay.

• Helen

Sasha doesn't work as a nick name. Alex, Allie, Alexa, Lexa or Lexie would be better. 

• Alexandra1 month agoReport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_(name)

If you like Sasha, then you should use "Tasha" for your baby girl....

I really like the name Alexandra, but I don’t know why her nickname would be Sasha...? Wouldn’t her nickname be Alex, or Lexi, or something like that? It makes more sense.

I love Alexandra but I dislike . Sasha. So many other nice nicknames for it but it you like it go for it

nope....................

• Moya

Very  nice  name ..