Why does my boyfriend hate my truck?

I have a 2002 Dodge ram 1500, while he has a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. He hates getting into my truck, it works just fine. He says I should opt for getting a different truck constantly, he hates my truck. I love my truck, the room I have, and being able to carry big loads of stuff when I travel. He downplays my truck constantly, saying that it's a stupid worthless truck, and that I should have never bought it. It's my first truck, I worked hard for it. It looks good, runs pretty well, and I love it. I just don't understand why he hates it so much.

Heard the same dross in the 50's 60' and 70's about Ford vs Chevy. That was apples and apples. Dodge vs Toyota is apples vs oranges. You love your truck, so who drives it? He hates your truck, so who drives it? There you go. If this is too big a deal for you two, keep moving opposite directions until you are no longer are in each others' view.

• Anton

There are those people that think Japanese vehicles are perfect, and American vehicles are total crap.  You cannot educate them.   He has a compact "truck", you have a real truck, full size.  He "hates" your truck and will never accept that you have the better vehicle.  He also will never accept that you are correct.  He will never accept you are an equal.  You might as will dump him and find someone that will accept that you are an individual.

You drive a beater.  Get a new or newer truck or car.

• Anton

BF also has an old beater.

• Barry

He's an idiot. But you chose him.

Because he's childish

• Kieth

Dump him, or challenge him to a chain pull, loser has to dump their truck. A chain pull is a tug of war when you hook the two rear frames together with a heavy chain or an ultra heavy duty tow strap and see who can pull the other truck backwards.