Movies Section: What is your favorite acting performance from Morgan Freeman?

IMO: Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding in The Shawshank Redemption.

HM: John Rawlins in Glory, Lucius Fox in The Dark Knight, Detective William Somerset in Se7en, Ned Logan in Unforgiven, Eddie "Scrap Iron" Dupris in Million Dollar Baby, God in Bruce Almighty, Joe Clark in Lean on Me, Hoke Colburn in Driving Miss Daisy, Nelson Mandela in Invictus, Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls, Azeem in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Vitruvius in The Lego Movie, Allan Trumbull in Olypmus Has Fallen, Theodore Joadson in Amistad, General Billy Ford in Outbreak, Dr. McCarthy in Dolphin Tale, Thaddeus Bradley in Now You See Me, Carter Chambers in The Bucket List, Malcolm Beech in Oblivion, Sloan in Wanted, Archibald "Archie" Clayton in Last Vegas, Leo Smalls Jr. in Street Smart, and Professor Samuel Norman in Lucy

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favourite answer

Agreed: Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding in The Shawshank Redemption.

HM: John Rawlins (Glory), Hoke Colburn (Driving Miss Daisy), Eddie "Scrap Iron" Dupris (Million Dollar Baby), Nelson Mandela (Invictus), Dr. McCarthy (Dolphin Tale 1 & 2), and Drosselmeyer (The Nutcracker and the Four Realms)

• 4 weeks ago

I liked him as Red in the Shawshank Redemption, one of the few R rated movies I’ll actually watch.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

in Brubaker

Unforgiven

Driving Miss DaisyGloryThe Shawshank Redemption

• Rain
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Driving Miss Daisy

Glory

The Shawshank Redemption

Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Definitely Red in the Shawshank Redemption.

• 4 months ago

I don't like him as a movie actor but I thought he was great in the Electric Company and The Gospel At Colonus.

• 4 months ago

Detective William Somerset in Se7en

• 4 months ago

Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding in The Shawshank Redemption.

Honorable Mentions: Ned Logan in Unforgiven, Detective William Somerset in Se7en, Nelson Mandela in Invictus

• Kev
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Red: Shawshank Redemption

Alex Cross: Along Came A Spider

God: Bruce Almighty

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I liked Joe Clark and John Rawlins  and Hoke Colburn as a tie. Freeman wasn't in those movies to be the background character or a sidekick to someone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.