Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 months ago

Do you like the name Barbara-Anne for a girl?

Update:

Questions:

1. Is it too old fashioned?

2. Does ‘Anne’ go well with ‘Barbara’ as a hyphenated first name?

50 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Barbierra Anne-us sounds cool too.

• 4 months ago

Super, Smashin', Great'. 

• 4 months ago

Too old fashioned Middle names are basically pointless like the confederate flag so get with the times. Also bullies will sing the beach boys song at her. 

Time to re-think

• 4 months ago

I think pick one or the other. Barbara or Anne, either one is fine. I never got this hyphenated name thing, it all seems so unnecessary.

A name should be practical. It should not be pretentious.

Barbara is not too old-fashioned, that's my mother's name, she was born in 1934. Now is the perfect time for more new people to have that name. Everything old is new again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

I’m not fond of Barbara. Nn would be Barbie for one. That has to do something to a child’s psyche. And it is a really old name.

Anne is a nice name. Annie is cute for a child and Anne when they are older. Also good for a mn.

Stay away from hyphenated names. They just cause headaches. You could call your child by first and middle names on a regular basis in lieu of a hyphenated name. My grandpa did that with my mom and a girl at my work goes by first and middle  

Also, I imagine she’d get a lot of beach boys references. 

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No that name is horrible. 

• 4 months ago

Wouldnt such a long name make certain complications to the girl with time passing ,like with her co-school friends etc?

• 4 months ago

Don't do that to tha child... 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Maybe you should name her La Portia Doll

• 4 months ago

It's very dated. It sounds like a girl born in the 1940s or 1950s.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.