Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

What have in your opinion been the best prequels and best sequels ever?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Best Sequels (IMO as good or better than the originals):

Star Wars: Episode V-The Empire Strikes Back

Aliens (1986)

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Toy Story 2

Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Prequels:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (not better than Episode IV, but a good prequel)

Monsters University (again, not better than the original, but good)

X-Men: First Class

Minions (2015)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

prequels - xmen days of future past; fast 5; fast 6

sequel - john wick chapter 2; hp chamber of secrets; empire strikes back; two towers; Terminator 2

sequels i would like to see - edge of tomorrow 2; top gun 2; american assassin

would've liked to see a bourne legacy sequel with damon and renner.  that would've been cool.  didn't wouldn't really work since legacy was more of a stand a lone mixed in the universe.  

• 4 weeks ago

Greatest Sequel ever.........Star Trek, Wrath of Khan....the King of Sequels. 

Best Prequel......Monsters Inc. 2. 

• Speed
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Best Prequel: The Godfather, Part II

Best Sequel: The Godfather, Part II

Now I feel all clever. It really is both, and an excellent movie.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ah man, i love World War 2! It's a such a step up from the first one.

I mean WW1 was great and all but it lacked depth and meaning. The whole plot was surface level and the characters motivations were a bit week. With exception of King Ferdinand, played by.. uh.. can't remember his name.. oh - Robert Downey Jr!

Poor Ferdinand only wantend to calm things down between two empires and ended up getting shot in the head. 

Anyway, world war 2 has a much more compelling pallet of characters, ranging from a little Austrian tank enthusiast with a few anger managements issues to a bad @ss, also fat @ss, cigar smoking Prime Minister. The whole main plot had a great lead up! All the events of the last movie were on point, u really understand why the characters do what they do and how everything came to be. Over 40 million people saw it! That's insane right? For some reason a bunch of those viewers were Jews but some people don't believe the numbers and say they're fake, don't know what's up with that! It's perhaps the greatest sequel that has ever been and this question made me wanna watch it again. 

With that said: who's that hot chick that goes missing on an airplane in the begining of the movie? Ermilla.. Emilia? Idk.. just a thought it's a bit weird how that's like, not related to the plot at all. Some people say it is but idk it seems like a stretch to me.

Anyway, great question. See you. VOTE TRUMP 2020

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.