Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why do people criticize beautiful women and men who are in great shape?

I don't really understand it. I see comments on people's social media about how they lost 50 lbs, and all they get is hate messages. Like how disrespectful has the world become? The guy/girl worked their butts off to lose 50-60 lbs and all they get is hate, not a single congratulations

• Alfred

hate messages in this setting may stem from simple envy 

• Dave

Women hate other women out of sheer envy.

Because online boasting about how wonderful one is gets really redundant. 

I see many congratulations on those sorts of posts. You should really ask yourself why you choose to see only hate and criticism when clearly there is a variety of responses to weight loss success stories/pictures.  

But really, the "look at me, I'm so awesome" posts are just too commonplace now. Boasting is offensive.

• John

Jealousy.  Just like the way rich people are often criticized.  People can be mean.

Some of it's projecting.  People are upset they are unable to accomplish similar results so they project those frustrations on people who have succeeded.  I know people who would hang out in groups of similar body size and when they lost weight the group pretty much ostracized them. 

The rest of it is just people who think people who lose weight are doing it for attention.  Which, I'm sure some do, but keep that to yourself in my opinion.

People can be so hateful.  I’ve helped a lot of people over the years get into a healthier lifestyle and lose weight.  I always tell them, that you are going to find out who your friends are.  It seems there’s always those that will tell you all kinds of negatives when every you try to improve yourself.  

• .

Some people are insecure in themselves, so lash out at others. Some feel such social media posts are attention-seeking (and tired of seeing so many such posts). Some are just the typical online bully who knows that they are safe saying what they want (mostly) online, but would never have the cohones to speak the same words to someone's face. Poor manners and low self esteem are the biggest culprits. Such people should be pitied. Someone happy with themselves and their life would feel no need to post such things, even if they personally disliked the people involved.

Today's liberal.culture is overly concerned with body shaming. Gym people tell.insecure fat people they are losers. A person who looks great tells the dork who never works out that they are inferior. Sadly this low self esteem society started with Obama in my opinion. 

It's like if I can cook and made a plate better than a restaurant, haters will hate because they cant cook.

Instead of encouraging and being happy, people resent and are jealous or competative.