Question about cooking sweet potatoes?

If you were to bake some sweet potatoes with the skin on, could you eat the skin like say eating a jacket potato?

Absolutely yes. And it's delicious, especially when roasted with a little butter or olive oil rubbed into it, but wash them thoroughly first and remove any discolored parts or 'eyes'.

• denise

That's what I'd do,  Then I'd serve them split open with some herby cream cheese, or with a knob of butter & a sprinkle of nutmeg.

eat them raw    

I am not a fan of sweet potato skin, it’s sort of tough and papery.

The best way EVER I have found to cook them is to wash and dry them, then wrap them in parchment paper - think like a hard candy is wrapped with the ends twisted, and roast them on a sheet pan til tender.  The skin can easily be peeled from the flesh and the sugars have caramelized.

• patty

yes                                   

would it make you feel better if someone said yes?

or no...maybe so?

NO.Its best to peel them.

• I have a severe case of anus cancer

I eat the skin on baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes.

• Ann

Just be certain you wash the sweet potato because cooking it.  The skin can be eaten just like a regular potato, but it is thicker.

• I have a severe case of anus cancer

• kswck2

Of course. I often make a chicken dish laid across an assortment of veggies like sweet potatoes, onions, Brussles Sprouts, carrots, etc.

• Random facts: According to Trump: 'Laziness is a trait in blacks'

If I bake them in the oven without foil I often eat the skin.  The sweet potatoes in the shops have a much finer skin than the ones I remember as a kid, so I suppose it comes down to what the tubers are like where you are.  They certainly won't do you any harm though I'd wash them first to remove any pesticide residue that might be left.

• Random facts: Trump comes from french "tromper" which means a mistake in english, that refers to his birth.