Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I want to be a police officer, what should I major in?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Criminal Justice ........................

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

African history

• 1 month ago

aim high - try to get a ged

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A lot major in criminal justice, but I've been told that's not actually a useful major for a future police officer or anyone else for that matter.

Anything that develops your intelligence and your judgement will be useful, and that's most majors if you approach them correctly.  You could make a good police officer by majoring in history, biology, sociology, or even French.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The fire department,kidding but it's not a bad backup plan,it really depends on what you ultimate goal in law inforcement is.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

At this point, probably social work. 

• 1 month ago

Public Administration, which is offered at most Unis.  But police science if you can find it.

• 1 month ago

Major in what you want to do if you CAN'T be a police officer. They need people that know about whatever that is FAR MORE than people that go to school to learn about being police officers.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have to enjoy the subject, or you won't do as well.  There is no required major for law enforcement.  But you will have more opportunities if you're bilingual and have technical skills. 

• 1 month ago

Anything EXCEPT CRIMINAL JUSTICE. If you want to boost your hopes of being hired, then major in Psychology, Computer Science, or Business Administration because nowadays cops have to deal with the mentally ill (Psychology major) or go after hackers (CS major), but Criminal Justice is the average police candidate major so you want to offer something different and I heard Psychology and Computer Science helps you a lot. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.