Taking nephews to lake without parents permission ?

I want to take my nephews to the lake to celebrate my birthday.  Their parents would not let them go if I ask for permission because they say they rather be present if I take them anywhere with water. The parents would not go because they do not go anywhere.They spend time with me all the time and I am a responsible adult/mom/aunt/teacher. My husband says not to risk it but I am sure the kids would love to go. They never go anywhere. Two teenagers would go as well and I plan for each of the kids to have a swimming buddy so everyone is aware of everyone while swimming. I need someone's advice, should I take them or not? I'm very indecisive now since my husband says not to. Help!

Theyare not your kids.. YOU CAN BE PUT IN JAIL FOR TAKING THEM.. ITS CALLED KID napping and the parents are the parents to decide where they can go. NOT YOU..

Those are not your kids. If the parents won't let you take the kids without them there then that's final. Taking them without their permission is considered kidnapping. Don't risk it.

• Alan H

That is totally out of order.

When you have children would you want that to be done behind your back?

• Fun facts: Echinococcosis is a cute jungle worm, look it up.

Their parents have already said NO. That means that if you take them against the parents' wills, you will be guilty of kidnapping. Dead serious here. If they say no, and you do it anyway, no matter HOW responsible you are, you are WRONG. No two ways about this. WRONG.

Now--that being said, have you talked to them and let them know about all the precautions you will be taking? If you have, and they still say no, then for crying out loud do NOT take those boys with you or you will be breaking the law. 

And maybe you should also invite their parents.  

• Random facts: According to Trump: 'Laziness is a trait in blacks'

Here is my .02 cents

I'm sure you are trustworthy/responsible etc, but, that's clearly not the issue here! I  could be wrong, but, it sounds like you aren't a good swimmer and that is why your sister is leery about leaving you alone with her children while she/her husband aren't

attending.

You need to ask their parents first before doing anything, sorry, but there is no other way around this! If they say yes, then great, you can take them with you. However, if

they say no then you need to respect their wishes here! You can't just take them with-

out asking, if you do, that becomes kidnapping, and you can find yourself in a  lot of

legal hot water over this.

I have 4 nieces and nephews, and I would never do anything without asking their parents first. I am not their parent, its not up to me to decide what they can or can't do, I never over-step.

You need to learn boundaries here.

i would just take them and not tell their parents

Respect the view of your husband.  It is something that s very strongly in your mind and it sounds like you are stubborn (sorry to say that ) You are not only going against the advice of your husband but also against the will of the parents of the children. Sorry to say, but if you are a teacher, you would not go against the wishes of parents, wouldn’t you ? Think of something else to do. Like organising fun games in a park with nibbles and drinks. I am sure you can think of lots of fun activities? I personally would not take them to water if the parents didn’t  want that. I think that would be showing respect for them. https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no3-...

“Responsible adult/mom/aunt/teacher”?

And you would actually consider the thought of taking someone’s children to a place where the parents do not allow them to go?  Somewhere they could DROWN?

I’m really skeptical about that whole “responsible adult” thing.

Source(s): You asked.

DO NOT, I repeat, do not take them w/o out your sister/brother's permission.  Especially if the parents have already mentioned they want to be present when the kids are around water.

That will not end well.

A responsible adult/mom/aunt/teacher wouldn't take someone else's children anywhere without parental consent.