Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

My dog peed on my marble floors and I put vinegar on it making the marble ashy and rough, how can I fix this ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Acid (vinegar is acetic acid - dog pee is only slightly acidic) damages marble - I have seen a floor where somebody smashed a whole bottle of champagne (which is surprisingly acidic) and it ruined it. You need to have it repolished and I would get that done professionally.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I think it was YOU who peed on the floors, so stop blaming the dog

• 1 month ago

WTF would you put vinegar on it? A little soapy water is all you need. You etched the marble with acid. It needs to be polished by a professional at polishing marble.

• 1 month ago

Wax              .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

why did you use vinegar in the first place, thats meant to be used in chippy sauce

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You will have to grind off the rough spot. Get some very fine jewelry rouge and a cloth and see if that will polish it. Marble is not a good stone in housing. You might want to invest in a Dremel tool kit and check utube for ideas.  You will need a power tool. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Fix" isn't the right word.  You've DISSOLVED the topmost layer of the marble.  You can't put that back.  You'll need to polish away the damaged surface.  This may or may not go well.  Get a floor person to look at it.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just try to clean it up as best as you can

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.