Should enlisted Marines be allowed to publicly criticize their superiors the same way that General Mattis bashes Trump?

I'm sorry,  but this guy is nothing more than a sniveling, cowardly punk.

I served in USMC from 1999 - 2006 and I still have ZERO respect for career officer/politicians 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Squid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

He's no longer active duty.  Like you, he has the right to speak out against the government.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • L
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Active Duty military are NOT allowed to criticize anyone.

• 4 weeks ago

You may have missed the " RET."  General Mattis,  next to his name. 

Stands for  RETIRED. He is no longer ACTIVE DUTY. Had he wrote that letter, AS  Active Duty.......he would have lost at least a star and any command he had at the time....if not forced into immediate retirement. 

Criticizing the CIC  while in Uniform,  is a UCMJ offense, and you will burn for it. 

You fight for the freedom of speech of OTHERS.   YOUUUUU, as active duty, do NOT have that same right.......in uniform.  That  should have been made clear to you in boot camp, that you do not have the RIGHT to criticize superiors. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Blah, blah, blah.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

1) he retired 7 years ago 

2) he is a retired General not enlisted 

3) Frump is no longer his boss

4)  He served about 44 years compared to your 5 if you actually served 

5) go back to trollville 

• 4 weeks ago

Mattis is a civilian now.  He can speak his mind and not worry bout a chain of command. I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did.

• 4 weeks ago

sure, once they are out of the Marines, they can say pretty much anything they want to say.

• 4 weeks ago

Oh I thought you were talking about bankruptcy king Traitor trump.   You probably took too many grenades to the head, maybe get it checked out?

• a2yar
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Freedom of speech.. You NAZI.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.