My stepson is black...should I be doing anything in particular, what with recent events?

One of my teen stepsons is black.  My wife and I are not.  Should I be doing anything special right now?  

Treat him like normal you shouldn't treat him different because of his skin

Buy a rifle, and get training for the family using it.

Then buy four pistols, and repeat.

• edward

Nothing you can do.  What’s happened isn’t something new and to be honest my grandfather (a detective) told me why certain minorities are treated a different way is because of the statistics.   A certain group of people did something that we try to prevent, they’re just going about it the wrong way.  But the protesters aren’t helping the way they start a riot smashing windows and stuff.  I mean seriously, we can’t afford to throw you all in prison but god forbid you be held accountable for your actions.  Not saying all black people are the same but until statistics change for the better.  The same minorities will be treated the same way