Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

My washer keeps filling up with water after a wash?

So, every time I wash my clothes and I’m done, I completely shut the lid and go about my day. When I need to do laundry the next time, it’s filled up with water and icky gunky stuff floating in the water. I keep informing my apartment but they “can’t find anything wrong with my washer.” I mean there is an evident problem, but the moronic mechanics can’t figure what’s wrong. How do I go about this? My apartment is doing nothing about it and it’s grossing me out to wash my clothes even anymore. 

try leaving the lid up some time and see what happens.

Sounds like the drain is backwashing (yuck). Means the drain plumbing is partially clogged. That would be the building owners responsibility.

Plumbing issue perhaps? It could be that it is back syphoning, this is when water runs into the machine from the waste pipe of the sink or drain line. Ensure that the waste pipe of the washing machine is higher at one point than the drum of the machine, this will prevent water running back into the machine. Normally this would fill the machine with dirty water.

The washer drain pipe could be somewhat clogged also, preventing proper drain ing and letting it back syphon.

stop putting water in the washing machine simple as that