Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Should I go to a doctor or am I overreacting?

So I cut myself on paper and like 2 daya later the place where the cut was became swollen. Later I say a small yellow dot under the cut but it was barely visible. The dot started getting bigger and bigger, and not it's pretty much very visible. It also got dark in the middle. Through all these days, the cut became more and more swollen and it hurts like hell

• Joe

Agreeing that you have an infection: an abscess.

That close to the surface of the skin, you can probably treat it yourself.  Tarkarri's suggestion of a poultice is good.  I'd recommend something slightly different: soak your finger in warm water with Epsom Salt, several times a day, for at least 10 minutes each time.

You want the skin to get soft and pruney: like you've been a bath too long.  That will help bring the infection to the surface, where it will drain.

Post a picture: I'd like to assess how far along this is.

You have an infection in the cut.  You need to do something to try to reduce the infection.

Neosporin is one of the best antibiotic ointments and can be bought at any pharmacy and most grocery stores in their medicine section.

Put some Neosporin on the cut and cover it with a band-aid if possible during the day.  At night, take the band-aid off and apply Neosporin again.  Leave uncovered while you sleep.

You should see improvement within three days.  If you think it is still getting worse - then go see a doctor.

Sounds like it got infected. Not worth going to wmergency but may be worth seeing a dr.

Otherwise try a hot poultice to draw out the infection, clean it thoroughly, and use antiseptic ointment.

A simple hot poultice is to dampen a facecloth (not dripping wet, just damp), fold into a compact parcel, and heat in microwave for 1 minute.