If the D-Day Invasion was not successful for the Allied forces. Do you think the Allies would have still won World War II? ?

EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING!!!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

What if????  What if the Pilgrims had shot a skunk instead of a turkey?  Thanksgiving would have been a WHOLE lot of a different story!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, we had a secondary plan which is still on the secret list and will not be fully disclosed till 2041.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

your guess is as good as mine in the "what if" category ................

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

questions about the answerer are not allowed.

Have some youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=what+...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I know the answer but I wont say it cuz i dont like ur attidude

• Rick
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

your guess is as good as mine .............................

• 1 month ago

I am going to say no, because without D-Day Stalin probably would have gone for some sort of truce with Hitler and divide Europe between them. 

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We will never know for sure, as a Brit whose mother was a young woman during the war, the arrival of the Americans she told me finally gave them real hope that they could beat Hitler, remember the war had been going on in Europe for over 2 years.

She also told me how this American army tried to introduce segregation on British soil, similar to that in the US and this disgusted people and officials and it was not allowed to happen.  As my mother put it if these young black men were willing to come over hear and die to save them then she would dance with them if asked to do so.

How tragic that all these years later, racism is still causing so much pain in the US.

• ?*?*?*?
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

We knew long before the Americans who turn up late Yet again we had beaten Hitler!

• 1 month ago

They knew it was going to be successful. Only thing they didn't know in exact was the casualties.

For months they built up a Ghost Army around General Patton that took up considerable German men and equipment anticipating a Invasion in a different location. 

• michinoku2001
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Eisenhower had his resignation letter ready in his pocket that day. If he did not know it would work, how did everybody else? 

• 1 month ago

Yes,  but it would have taken longer. 

Perhaps a 2nd D-day landing would have been planned after the Germans abandoned France, to send troops to their Eastern border which was being besieged by Russia.

Otherwise, the US would have had to come up through Italy and a do a landing in Vichy France, where they would not meet much resistance.  But by that time, the Russians would have occupied all of Germany, the low countries, and possibly northern France.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.