Kid starting school in the uk with a double barrel surname, could birth certificate cause any problems ?

So, if my child has both mine and my ex partners last name but my ex partner is not registered on the birth certificate, could it cause any problems if my child was to start school. Only because schools asks for birth certificates during registration.


1 Answer

  • 4 months ago

    No problem.  They need to see the birth certificate to check the child's age,  Surnames in the UK can be a little fluid and the school won't be particularly bothered.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.