REAL asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 month ago

What is the proven home remedy for constipation, only those who have experienced the effect of the remedy need to answer?

I have the same issue for the past 3 years. On using it, I stopped using an enema set since last May 2019.

1. I press with my thumb on my pelvis while defecating.

2. I take a stool-softener to combat constipation. Sonamukhi leaf powder [Telugu-Nela Thangeu aku]-Dosage 1/4 tsp + 1/2 cup of plain water in the night just before sleep. Dosage may be adjusted to your constitution by ‘trial & error’. Safer to add Triphala powder in the ratio of 1:1 & prevent bloody stools.

• k w

a tall glass of warm water every 30-min, and lay flat on floor or bed, no pillow between more water, so just don't think sitting down will do, we're talking physics and the water...and when YOUR BODY SAYS it's time to go potty, then you are ready.....

Source(s): you don't have to do anything special, like waste more money on some kind of magic product for sale.....
  • patty

the best thing that worked was an enema kit. You pump it full of water and then attach it to your back end. then u pump the water in.

• k w

warm coffee enemas have extra benefits, but just drinking warm water works is you can afford the time to wait, some people just avoid that area.....

go find some sugar free twizzlers--eat a lot of them.  or basically anything with maltitol in it--especially maltitol syrup----

• Lili

My husband has problems with this sometimes.  He takes a 500 mg magnesium supplement. He also finds that caffeine helps, so drinking a large cup of coffee is a good idea.

If this is a regular problem for you, make sure you drink plenty of water and eat high-fiber foods.

It depends what the issue is really, if it's a chronic thing you'll likely want to make long term changes like eating healthily, juicing, having kefir and probiotics for your gut health, maybe some detoxing.

As i've got healthier i've had this problem less, though sometimes it still does happen, but it's best if you can find the underlying issue. And of course becoming healthier is beneficial in all ways not just for constipation.

Avoid milk and dairy products. 

Problem solved. 

Drinking more water helps.  So does eating more vegetables, especially salads (green leafy lettuces).  E

at a salad at least once a day.  If you know of any foods you eat that cause diarhea, you might eat some of those, like undercooked eggs.  You might also try eating more legumes (beans), like refried beans, while eating less meat.  I found meat and raw cabbage were the worst for causing constipation.  I also bought a product called Electrolyte Powder from Dr Berg (on-line) and found a half scoop of that in water will stimulate the colon also.  Maybe it's just me.  

El Murado burritos cause explosive diarrhea in minutes.

• k w

oboy !, who wouldn't want that ?!

• Tavy

Prune juice at bedtime.