Is it safe to use?

Today I sanitized my dining table with isopropyl alcohol after grocery just for safety precautions. After a while I started cutting onions and one of them fell on the table, so I accidentally (forgetfully) dipped it in the water where I had other onions dipped. So as soon as I remembered I kept washing the onions. Is it still safe to use?

Of course it is safe to use.

As the others have said, you onions are fine.

I know you didn't ask this but you'd be much  better off using some kind of proprietary kitchen cleaner (you know, “kills 99% of all known germs”) than using isopropyl alcohol. The problem is that alcohol evaporates almost immediately. That's why hand sanitiser MUST have some sort of carrier like aloe vera gel mixes with the alcohol.

• Robert

Alcohol drys very quickly and I doubt that as residual product got on your onion.  Even if it did, it was minute and was further diluted by the water.  I believe you can have that onion for dinner tonight and still be alive and healthy for breakfast tomorrow.

• Amal1 month agoReport

You're right. I guess I should stop stressing unnecessarily. Just read somewhere that even little amount of isopropyl can be poisonous that's why.