Is it true that you have to die in a chirch to go to heavne?

Heaven? My neighbor said if you didnt die in chirch you dont go to heaven. Why?

Update:

Why did he say that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No...……………………………...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

I don’t think anybody died in a church, 

what I know is if you

don’t accept Jesus in the heart ❤️

you may not be going too heaven!

• 1 month ago

That is not true at all.  Jesus' disciples did not die in a Christian church, they all believe Jesus is the begotten Son of God before he came down to earth to be incarnated into the body of Mary as he told them in John 16:27-31

For the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believe I came out from God.

I came forth from the Father and am come into the world: again, I leave the world and go to the Father.

His disciples said to him, Lo, now you speak plainly, and speak no proverb.

Now we are sure you know all things and need not that any man should ask you: by this we believe that you came forth from God.

Jesus answered them, Do you now believe?

• 1 month ago

That is a load of nonsense.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • You can chirp from morning till night, but if you do not convert to God before you die, you will go to hell, on the day of your resurrection and God's judgment, you will see it!

• Oleg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She probably meant that you have to be a believing Christian till the end of your life, as a part of the body of Christ, His church.

Not a building, but Christian community.

• Ralph
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The fact of the matter: No, The only way you will go to heaven is if God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior saves you before you die, just like the thief on the cross who went with God into paradise after he passed away on the cross.

Source(s): King James holy bible
    • ...Show all comments
    • Ralph
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The fact of the matter: No: we are the temple of the Living God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior he is are church, the bible only.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That isn't true.   Here is the truth: To be in heaven, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ right where you are right now.  Because death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

• Gloria1 month agoReport

Wrong. If when you die you go to immediate heaven or hell what is the point of a resurrection. 

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, dying in a church has nothing to do with salvation, and come to think of it, neither does “going to heaven”.  Heaven comes here.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Going to church doesn't make you any more a Christian than standing in a parking lot makes you a car.

The word 'Christian' means Christ-follower: it means you've devoted your life to being with Jesus because he ALREADY saved you... not because of something he's going to do for you in the future when your body dies. Then it will be too late.

He called himself "teacher" and "Lord".

Go to him and see what it is he wants to teach you.

If he is the "Lord" he claims to be, he will reveal that fact to you himself. (He doesn't need me to do it.)

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man made efforts to get to God (and therefore ultimately heaven).

The way is a person, not a religion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.