Should I risk barbecuing the meat from my freezer?

I had a bunch of fresh hamburger, that I put in the freezer, along with some already frozen chicken breast. Unfortunately, my freezer was overstuffed, and everything fell out last night and defrosted. Do you think it would be safe to either barbecue it, or cook it, while leaving some of it in the refrigerator for a few days? Or should I just throw everything out?

If you are saying this all happened last night, its pretty safe to eat, as defrosting overnight would not have increase the temperature to spoil the meat. Better hurry before they start to stink.

• IvaB

I honestly don't think that they can be saved,but it's your call.I hate to throw away costly ingredients,but sometimes thats' the way it is.

It's going to depend on how long the meat was sitting without refrigeration before you found it. If there are still ice crystals in it, you can actually re-freeze it. If it's completely thawed and COLD, you can cook it and re-freeze it cooked. Or you can make recipes out of it and freeze those. If the meat was completely thawed and WARM, toss it. Even cooking might not destroy the bacteria. 

• Fun facts: Echinococcosis is a cute jungle worm, look it up.

You could cook it and store a lot of it in the refrigerator, but be sure to cook it. Some of the cooked meats can be refrozen too. 

• 'They're rapists ... some, I assume, are good people' Trump

• denise

Cook and use what you can over a couple of days.

Most meats can be frozen again once its been cooked if you can fit it into your [tidied ice box?].

• kswck2

Kind of depends on How defrosted the meats were. Room temperature for a few hours? Well, not so good. Mostly thawed should be fine to cook, but only Right Away. 

well, isn't that the idea of freezing and defrosting. ? 

Okay, so now it's defrosted...........well, start cooking it up then. I wouldn't let it sit in the fridge more than a day or 2 though. 

• Random Facts: Pee is stored in the balls

Yes, it's safe. It would take a couple of days for any bacteria (that would be killed if the meat is cooked thoroughly) to excrete into the food the toxins that cooking does not get rid off, and will make you sick. Cook it all, make dishes that you can freeze to eat later. Pasta sauces and chili with some of the ground beef, soup and casseroles with some of the chicken...

Well that's the idea of freezing it. When you want it you take it out of the freezer, defrost it, cook it and eat it. There would be no point in freezing it if you had to throw it away when it defrosted.

Yes, so long as it has been keptcold leaving it in the fridge for a few days is fine.

• Random facts: Trump comes from french "tromper" which means a mistake in english, that refers to his birth.

• .

After you let it thaw out YES.