Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicR&B & Soul · 2 months ago

When hearing the name " Marvin Gaye ", what's the first song of his which comes to mind - and where does it rank among your favorites by him?

ps: Duets like those he did with Tammi Terrell can be " nominated ".

• 20 hours ago

I Heard It Through A Grapevine

"Ain't That Peculiar." It makes me dance around the house. He's my favorite singer of all time. "Can I Get a Witness" gets me hoppin' too. And "Grapevine" and "It Takes Two" with Kim Weston. I can go on and on.

Mercy Mercy Me.

The greatest singer ever born.....I Heard it Through the Grapevine is the first that comes to mind,but my favorite was What's Going On....I also love Two can have a Party which he did with Tammi Terrell.....It's such a shame that both of them have now passed..

I enjoy most of his songs. Don't really have a favorite.

What's Going On. I love the entire album! The title song is sooo relevant it hurts. I also love the Marvin/Tammi song You're All I Need.

I Heard It Through The Grapevine #1 for me.

• James

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

As for lesser known songs, I quite like "Funky Space Reincarnation."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8-EXnFSjw

Youtube thumbnail

SEXUAL HEALING  is my favorite song by Marvin. The song is at the top of my list.