Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Americans: how does it feel to be living in America right now?

Scary times it seems

First the sick racist Cop murdering this innocent and defenseless black man. AND now theres violent riots in like every city (which i totally understand) but isnt it crazy to you to Step outside everyday and See everything on fire whole a whole army of people Run wild ? You guys are engulfed in the armageddon at this Pointe but its all okay and normal for yall? Really

I haven't left home in 3 months 

except a quick monthly trip to the store. I've been working my normal 60 hours a week, telecommuting. Not really seen much change in the last few months.

• Elana

I've seen a lot of wonderful things on around where I live, but you're right about the national picture:  If the rest of the world is laughing at us, I get the joke.  I don't want to, but I get it.

But - as has been observed before - don't laugh too hard.  Our economy is waaaaaay to completely integrated into most of the rest of the world's economy.  When we go down, we take a lot of people with us.

It would be awesome if we could figure out which way is up before a lot of people, Americans and non-Americans, get badly hurt.

I am not hopeful.

It's hard to determine whether being shut in over a pandemic or shut in over rioting is worse. Still, been there, done that for people my parents' age in this city and things only got better from there so I have hope. 

First of, Floyds Death was unfortnute however he was far from innocent, this man attempted to make a purchase with a counter-fiet $20 bill which is a crime.

As for the riots, they are a disgrace.

I feel liked I'm being analed by Corona, Riots, and School all at the same time.

• Bill

I never cared for this country honestly. Maybe if I was born decades earlier things would be different, but then I doubt it. I hate liberal/feminist society, I hate living under a government that refuses to obey its own laws, and to be frank I don't much care for the people much either. I would love to move, but well there is either feminist societies to pick from that are even more left wing or even worse sh*tholes.  

As for blacks rioting, meh, blacks have been doing that regularly since the 80's. Old news. 

It is however cute that many blacks think the democrats will give them meaningful police reform. You know, if democrats cared about blacks they wouldn't have passed educational reform in the 1970's that hurt black men more than any other group, they wouldn't have passed crime reform in 1994 (Biden wrote the law) that led to even more blacks going to prison over petty crime, and they would have passed police and prison violence reform decades ago. 

Beside that, democrats would have to violate their own ideology to do meaningful police and prison reform as unions are one of the main problems in play. 

• Cultural marxists are taking over

Same as yesterday...

It sure beats living anywhere else.

About like always. We're a vibrant, free society, free of big authoritarian government hammering us into submission. 

And see? That's the difference. In America, the people are citizens. In...where ever the hell you're from? You're subjects. 

• Fun facts: Fulminant Human Papilloma (HPV) is a cool modern transport vehicle made by Astrotzkan army, look it up.