Am I good at photography?

I think I have a passion for photography. I think it’s also my talent. Can you judge for me?

I do love taking pictures like a kid. I know this picture is superb

You may THINK that your photograph is "superb", sir, but I can assure you it is NOT.

It's underexposed due to the fact that there's contre-jour lighting in it. i.e. your camera's light meter is taking a reading from the bright area of the sky, so you're not seeing the details in the land.

• micksmixxx

@MafiaGenie.  By the way, sir, there is absolutely no need for you to feel sorry about anything.

The thing about a photograph is that we're often trying to capture something that in essence can't be captured, preserved by a photograph. There is something we can relate to, that keeps a image alive, keeps it powerful, but moments are not truly preserved by a photograph...

That's about as superb as the turd my cat left in the litterbox.

• qrk

Ask yourself if you would want to make a large print of this photo and hang it in your living room. Perhaps it says something to you because you have a personal connection to this instant in time, but it's no more than a sub-par snapshot to other people.

"I know this picture is superb"

I know you're a troll!

• Sumi

It is often difficult to judge someone's photographic talent on just a single image.

The image you posted is a descent snapshot, but it is a long way from being considered "superb."  For one thing, why is there a vehicle in the shot?  What does it add to the image?  Is this an image that is telling a story where the vehicle is an important element?  If so, then why is it near the edge of the frame soooo far away?  You, as the photographer, are responsible for every pixel in the shot.  You should be able to explain why every element is in or not in the shot.  Ask yourself "why am I taking this shot?"  Your answer doesn't have to be profound or poetic, but you need to know why your taking the shot.  Then eliminate everything (e.g. light poles, wires and cars) that does not add something to the narrative of the shot.

The trees and bushes are underexposed which can usually be fixed in post.

The clouds are really nice, though.

When taking landscapes, the most important aspect of the image is the quality of the light.  Landscape photographers will almost always shoot during the golden hour which is an hour before/after sunrise or sunset.  Had you waited until the sun was lower in the sky, the light would have been warmer and much more interesting.  As is, the light is cold and flat.

When shooting a landscape, you should always have an interesting element in the foreground, middle ground and the background.  In this shot, there isn't anything in the foreground or middle ground.

Composition wise, the horizon line should be on a third.  As is, the horizon line is a bit too low in the frame.  If this is an image taken with a phone, check your camera's settings and turn on the grid option.  This puts an overlay on the image using the Rule of Thirds which looks like a tic-tac-toe shape.  Place your main subject on one of the four areas where the lines intersect.  Place your horizon line (literal or implied) on one of the lines.  If your foreground is the most interesting part, then place the horizon line on the upper third.  If your background or sky is the most important element, the place the horizon line on the lower third.

• I read this whole answer and believed in my question, because of accused interest. Down the road I really sense an understanding from your answer that this isn’t my passion or talent.