Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 4 months ago

What would you do if you found out your 15 year old son was having protected, consensual sex with girls his age. Would you be upset?

• God

I'd rather he didn't.  But I wouldn't give him a big lecture about it.  It seems like he's being responsible.  And, let's face it.  If I had had the opportunity when I was 15 I would have done it too.

• L

Upset - ABSOLUTELY!  Sit him down and DEMAND he stop having sex period.  If he refused - buy him a truck load of Condoms and DEMAND he wear them when having sex.

• J M

Yes. Lots of people having protected sex get pregnant. 15 is too young to have a sexual relationship. 

• Jim

Ground him and forbid him seeing any  girls until he was 18 

• ron h

I'm a man, he's a man.  I'd be OK with him gettin' his dik wet, BUT after a man's first experience, the thought of more sex can make us stupid.  We see everything through that one eye.  We fall in love and get behind in school.  I'd be OK with the sex, but very concerned with the emotions that go with it.  In this question, you say "girls" which is plural.  At 15, I almost think that plural would be less dangerous than a single girl who's on his mind constantly.

• Edna

Kids who are only 15 years old are not legally allowed to have sex with each other; not even if the sex is protected and consensual. 

• edward

Don’t want to be a jerk about it.  I can’t say anything in that regard...i was 15 before and having sex.  Not with girls just one girl.  Singular, not plural.  I would just make sure he understands that if he’s having sex, that’s fine but he should know that if something happens where protection fails...he has to take responsibility and his parents aren’t happy.

I would be happy he took my talk about having safe sex to heart.  I was happy to provide the condoms needed and to take him to the doctor to make sure he was clear of STDs each time he got a new girlfriend.  I was also happy to let him have sex in his room so I knew he was safe and who he was with.

• Peter

What country are you in? 15 is under the age of consent in many places, your son could be committing statutory rape.

I'd probably give him a high five. I might tell him to ditch the condom and make me a grandson.