Boy
Boy asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Intertrigo on groin what should I do? Any suggestions?

Two dermatologist from one dermatology branch told me that I had eczema on my penis shaft and scrotum and the cure was to keep using 1 % Hydrocortisone. It never worked for me.

I went to a different dermatology branch and the lady said that I had intertrigo, She prescribed me 2% Ketoconazole both cream and shampoo. 

While I have been using this cream for more than 8 months, I am still on it for a few more months and then I go back to my dermatologist. 

The pain aching and burning sensation has went away, but the red skin, shiny slick skin and red patchy areas have not gone away. 

What should I do?

• ron h

if the pain has stopped, that's SOME progress.  I'd consider going back early to the second doctor.  MAYBE there's weaker dosage or something similar that would help. 

.

I've got a shaft and scrotum, but I'm not any kind of doctor.  I googled your condition and found this:  After reading, (you should read it) I'd suggest shower at least twice a day, and wear boxers, not briefs in the daytime and nothing at night. 

.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments...