Boy
Lv 4
Boy asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Intertrigo on groin what should I do? Any suggestions?

Two dermatologist from one dermatology branch told me that I had eczema on my penis shaft and scrotum and the cure was to keep using 1 % Hydrocortisone. It never worked for me.

I went to a different dermatology branch and the lady said that I had intertrigo, She prescribed me 2% Ketoconazole both cream and shampoo. 

While I have been using this cream for more than 8 months, I am still on it for a few more months and then I go back to my dermatologist. 

The pain aching and burning sensation has went away, but the red skin, shiny slick skin and red patchy areas have not gone away. 

What should I do?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if the pain has stopped, that's SOME progress.  I'd consider going back early to the second doctor.  MAYBE there's weaker dosage or something similar that would help. 

I've got a shaft and scrotum, but I'm not any kind of doctor.  I googled your condition and found this:  After reading, (you should read it) I'd suggest shower at least twice a day, and wear boxers, not briefs in the daytime and nothing at night. 

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.