Joining USAF with a foreign criminal record?

Hi, I am a dual UK/US citizen, I was arrested and spent a few months in jail in the U.K. when I was 18. 

I am very interested in joining the US Air Force. I spent some time living in the US and have all US documents, social security, passport etc and have never been in trouble over in the United States, so I should theoretically come back clean in any state/federal background checks as there is no reason to share my record as I am a citizen of both countries.

If I joined would the military want to check my record in the U.K.? 

And would it make a difference if I joined from the U.K. as apposed to going to the US, then joining up? If anybody could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated thankyou. 

Does that disqualify you? Yes.

Could you lie and get away with it? Possibly, but very doubtful. You would have to account for all that time you spent in the UK, which a check on your US passport and SSN would should you were somewhere else. And they would do a background check before you enlisted.

@Stephen, the nuthouse is calling you to take your meds.

• STEVEN F

As you have NO CLUE what the UK conviction was for, you have NO CLUE if it disqualifies anyone. You COULD NOT get away with it.

• Cee

Five months locked up, huh ? It must have been a serious enough offence for the judge to sentence you with that.

I guess you'll know unless you try.

I don't know the details regarding what crimes are disqualifiers. I am 100% confident that a UK criminal record would count against you as much as the equivalent US criminal record.

I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee that failure to disclose your record in ANY country would fall under fraudulent enlistment.

they are gonna check both countries

• Mrsjvb

You can’t enlist from the UK.  You must still report your criminal record .  Failure to do so is fraudulent entry, a felony.  

i would just apply and see what happens