Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Lunatic lawyer threatened me, what should I do?

About 6 months ago I met a friend for dinner and she had one of her other friends there that I had never met. She seemed nice and the next day she sent me a friend request of Facebook. That was the one and only time I ever met her. We don’t even live in the same state, I live in FL and she lives in CO. 

I shared a video/article of a Baltimore mother slapping her son because she caught him on the news throwing rocks at the police. I commented “love this momma.” She commented that she was committing child abuse and I did not respond to her comment.

About a week later she messaged me and told me she might REPORT ME TO THE POLICE FOR CHID ABUSE!!! She then messaged my friend and told her the same thing. She then began harassing my friend and we both blocked her. 

The scariest part is she’s a lawyer and told my friend she’s “prosecuted people for less than what I have done.” (Posting a popular viral video of FB that millions of other people have also done???) 

My question is what should I do? Should I just ignore it or should I notify her job, my friend told me where she works. I have a 9 month old son btw. 

It’s a crime to make false charges against someone to law enforcement and she also admitted she abuses her power as a prosecutor. She’s the craziest person I’ve ever met. 

She's a lunatic alright.  All you did was share a video and comment - perfectly fine. Sometimes, kids need a strong behavioral warning.  It's up to you whether you want to contact her employer.  Just be sure that if you do, don't stretch the truth.  Only tell exactly what was said.

Ignore her. She can't do anything to you from another state.