Karen asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

I was called a fat pig?

Recently, I ate a chockie ice cream sandwich bar, the last one! and my youngest called me a fat pig, and I cant stop thinking about it! Should I let it slide?

No, you shouldn't let it slide. You need to tell your child that under no circumstances is it ever OK to call someone a fat pig. Where did he/she even learn that from in the first place?

• L

Children ALWAYS tell the truth.  Your only choice; LISTEN to your children and make sure you will be around for them for a very, very long time.

If you let this pass, you'll need to deal with a monsoon of such comments in your future.  Boundaries must be set & maintained.  This is a very serious disrespect.  I think that if one of my brothers or I had ever said such a thing to our mother, we might very well not have seen our next birthday.   

No. Give them a lecture and ground them for a few months, they shouldn't be disrespecting you.

Not if the kid was on point.

Depends, by your “youngest”, did you mean your kid?

If so then it also depends if he or she said it in a really rude manner or just joking? Because you need to discipline your child if they were speaking out of term.

depends on the tone of her voice and whether she was trying to be funny. IIf not it is a rude thing to say to the parent

Your creative writing is slipping.

Although you have kept the consistency of poor parenting.

🥴😄 Uh no?

Where I come from, you'd get beat up by the entire village for disrespecting your elders.

Beat his a$s.

Just take your hands to his face and go POP, POP with your hands. 🥴 Just make sure you don't leave marks or a bruise. And thoroughly explain to him why it's important never to say those kinds of things.

🥴 Gawd... you would have loved watching how bad kids are disciplined where I'm from. Very raw, ruthless and old school.

I've seen my cousins fly across rooms.