patty
patty asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

why is there so much aggro between vegetarians and non vegetarians?

I agree with the one answer. Generally speaking MOST people who are one or the other, get along quite well normally However it's the militant vegans mostly, and of course there are some vegetarians who falls into that same category. However there are some who isn't a vegetarian or vegan that refuses to get along with those whose dietary habits aren't the same as they follow. To me that's a lack of maturity whether it's vegetarian, vegan or omnitarian, when aggressiveness comes into play. There's always the know it all, who thinks that how they eat, is the only way that everyone is supposed to be eating.

• Jeff H

There isn't, vegetarians have been around for centuries so it is generally considered to be a normal diet by the vast majority of people.  The majority of disagreements are between non-vegans and vegans often started by radical vegans themselves.  No one I know has any issue with people choosing a vegan diet however it is not uncommon to see radical vegans on platforms like Facebook and others insulting those who do not follow their lifestyle.  In addition there have been numerous incidents of radical vegans attempting to block people from entering restaurants who specialize in meat dishes which creates ill will towards vegans as a whole

Some are brats li,e for real

• Well I wouldn't say that publically, this is some, ughhh...

a friend of mine, who is not a vegetarian, and knows I eat a vegan diet, said 'meat eaters are the worst', when it comes to harassing others about what they eat..

He admits, if he had to kill animals to eat them he wouldn't.

Most meat eaters wouldn't and they seem to not want to know what they are doing is barbaric.

They cop an attitude because they don't want to be shown they are wrong or doing deadly harm.

Vegetarians/ vegans are disturbed by the needless slaughter of innocent animals.

They both think they are right, and they both won't stay in their lane and let each other alone. 

• kswck2

I don't ask what other people eat, nor do I much care. 

There isn't any agro at all. I'm almost 70 and have known lots of vegetarians and I have NEVER had any kind of disagreement over diet with any of them. I don't know anyone who has. In the real world, really, no one is interested in what other people eat.

I think you might be basing your question on comments you see on sites like this, mostly by very young (or at least very immature) people, some of whom simply want to cause offence. That sort of thing doesn't reflect “real life” though. The HUGE majority of people, whatever their diets, never come onto sites like this.

• Fun facts: Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a tasty italian dish, look it up.

• Bill

it is the vegetarians that are missing the necessary vitamins and minerals that are required to maintain and even temper

Any way where in the constitution do they perceive a right to tell other what to eat

• audrey

IDK. I won't make them eat meat if they don't make me eat vegetables!

Because of not enough agro.