Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If people never say or text they “miss a person ” or “miss seeing them” Does this mean that person is unwanted, disliked, & unloved?

No it is not me!!

It is from something I read today..

“That we as people need validation”

Do we?

Reported....

• J

People who need constant validation are just needy and insecure. Some people like to constantly text people and some don’t. I don’t. It doesn’t mean I don’t care about my loved ones, it just means I don’t have anything important to say. I think neediness is one of the most unattractive qualities in a person. When someone is always expecting reassurance and validation, it becomes too much and makes me want to stay away from them. 

• Edna

Who are you reporting; and for what reason? I seen nothing in any of these responses that needs to be reported.

• Jeremy1 month agoReport

The joe comment is not even pertaining to the question

i would hope not

No, not at all. Plenty of people simply choose not to communicate by text, some assume that emotional/friendship/fondness  issues are implied, etc. 

And no, no one "needs" validation", and one person can not give any meaningful validation to another. 

Silence does not communicate anything.  People desire validation, but don't "need" it.

That's quite a leap to say just because someone doesn't write "miss you," means the person is "unwanted, disliked and unloved."

No, it doesn't mean that, you're making an extreme assumption without basis. As for whether we need validation, SOMETIMES we do, and sometimes not. Some people need a lot, and others less. 

No, there are other ways of showing that you miss someone, this is just one way people communicate it. 

I miss Joe... every time I throw rocks at him. I've really got to work on my aim.