Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If people never say or text they “miss a person ” or “miss seeing them” Does this mean that person is unwanted, disliked, & unloved?

No it is not me!!

It is from something I read today..

“That we as people need validation”

Do we?

Update:

Reported....

9 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

People who need constant validation are just needy and insecure. Some people like to constantly text people and some don’t. I don’t. It doesn’t mean I don’t care about my loved ones, it just means I don’t have anything important to say. I think neediness is one of the most unattractive qualities in a person. When someone is always expecting reassurance and validation, it becomes too much and makes me want to stay away from them. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who are you reporting; and for what reason? I seen nothing in any of these responses that needs to be reported.

• Jeremy1 month agoReport

The joe comment is not even pertaining to the question

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

• 1 month ago

No, not at all. Plenty of people simply choose not to communicate by text, some assume that emotional/friendship/fondness  issues are implied, etc. 

And no, no one "needs" validation", and one person can not give any meaningful validation to another. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Silence does not communicate anything.  People desire validation, but don't "need" it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's quite a leap to say just because someone doesn't write "miss you," means the person is "unwanted, disliked and unloved."

• 1 month ago

No, it doesn't mean that, you're making an extreme assumption without basis. As for whether we need validation, SOMETIMES we do, and sometimes not. Some people need a lot, and others less. 

• 1 month ago

No, there are other ways of showing that you miss someone, this is just one way people communicate it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I miss Joe... every time I throw rocks at him. I've really got to work on my aim.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.