Is it legal for my boyfriend and I to have sex?

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple months, but I'm 17. Legally, I'd be a minor and he'd be an adult. We're only a few months apart, but is it legal for us to engage in sexual intercourse during the time that I'm not 18?

You say he'll be an adult? Tell you what, try having him go into a cigarette or liquor store and buying something. The second it is found out he is not 21, he will be turned out as much as you, the supposed minor, would be.  Troll harder please.

BTW the only place I can think of this where this would be illegal is the state of California. 

No country in the world would object to this.

Someone would have to accuse you first and that is highly unlikely as it would be more trouble than it is worth for both sides.

• Lv 5

Basem I have never sinned I had sex outside marriage with an atheist she never believed having Fun was a sin

As everyone has said, it depends on the law wherever you are. Here the age of majority is 18 but those over 16 can legally consent to sex.

Lucky you . I'm 23 and all the girls I've asked for sex have said no to me.

Legally you're too close in age for it to be a crime.  But it's pretty sad that you have to wonder about being labeled a sex offender due to a few months difference in age. But it would be up to your parents to decide to press charges if there was a legal issue.  You could also just wait till you're of age and then do what you want. 

its ok.................. technically illegal but u met as minors

• Clive

It is impossible to answer the question without knowing what country or state you're in.  What the age of consent is where you are is what matters, and without that information, I have no way of knowing what that is.  It's not the same age everywhere.

You are assuming the age of consent is 18.  Why?  In most of the USA, for example, it's 16 or 17, so if you live in one of those states, it's legal already for you to have sex as you're both over the age of consent.  I'm British and here it's 16.

It has NOTHING to do with being legally adult at 18.  That's an entirely different thing.  Forget that.  The only thing that matters is the age of consent where you are, which may or may not be 18.

Remember that being legally adult is not relevant to everything.  All it means is you become a legal "person" so you can enter into contracts, sue and be sued.  You become a person in your own right and are no longer an appendage of your parents.  Again, if you're American, you can probably drive younger than 18, but you can't buy alcohol until you're 21.  You become legally able to do things at a variety of different ages, and sex is one of those.

So what's the age of consent where you live?

• Funnelweb

Good answer, but a minor is still a legal person, just under the care of their parents or guardian.

It would have helped if you told us what US state you live in, or what foreign country.

• Funnelweb

I think the USA IS a foreign country. 

In many countries the age of consent is 16. Either way, the law is there to protect younger people from far older people and if one is slightly under age the law usually isn't used on them, providing that the authorities don't think one is forcing the other. Usually just contraception is provided in a case like that, only idiots pretend older teens are little kids.